The Plymouth Pilgrims varsity team hosted Tippy Valley in a Saturday night clash at The Rock.

Tippy Valley won the tip and scored the first bucket of the game off a pass inside and finish at the rim. Bales would hit a three on the ensuing possession to take the lead for the Pilgrims.

The Pilgrims did a good job in the first quarter on the defensive side of things and dealing with Tippy Valleys height at the center position holding them to four points. Bales would hit another three and a bucket under the rim for the Pilgrims would extend their lead 8-4 after the first quarter.

Neither team could find the basket for the first two minutes. Tippy Valley split a pair of free throws to break open the stalemate. A Mills steal on an inbound pass extended the Pilgrim lead to five.

The Pilgrims continued to play excellent defense for the first four minutes, but a quick run at the end of the quarter trimmed the Pilgrim lead to three going into halftime by the score of 13-10. The Pilgrims missed four free throws and could not capitalize on the hard defense.

Tippy Valley picked up their full court press to start the 2nd half and was able to get a quick bucket, but a three by Strain and a free throw by Feece pushed the lead to five. The Pilgrims did a good job of forcing Tippy Valley turnovers and getting to the foul line.

The scoring picked up towards the end of the third and the Pilgrims had a three point lead heading into the final eight minutes.

Both teams traded baskets to start the fourth. The Pilgrims were able to force some more Tippy Valley turnovers, but Tippy Valley foul shooting kept the game at one possession.

Tippy Valley would go on to hit two big threes to take their first lead of the game. Strain would hit a three with 16 seconds remaining, but it was too little to late and Tippy Valley escaped with a win by the score of 34-28.

Strain led Plymouth with ten and Bales chipped in six.

The loss puts the Pilgrims at 2-10 for the year. Next up is an away NLC match at Concord on 1/15.