Recently Governor Holcomb announced that Indiana will be moving forward into stage 5. While this is great news for our state as we continue to see a positive trend with the numbers both locally and statewide, this will have little to no change on COVID requirements at PHS Athletic events at this time.
The PHS FAN PLAN that was submitted and approved by the Marshall County Health Department back in early August did have a stage 5 component. The biggest change (from 4.5 to 5) was to allow PHS to increase venue capacity to approximately 50%. However when we balance that change with the continuation of mitigation strategies like household only seating and social distancing, we find ourselves not being able to increase the capacity in very many venues.
As a courtesy reminder, here are the current expectations at PHS:
- OUTDOORS — Masks are to be worn entering/exiting the outdoor stadiums as well as when you move about the stadium to the restroom or concession stand
- INDOORS –– Masks are required to be worn at all times even if you are sitting socially distant from other fans.
- Pre-marked Seating is provided at all venues. We expect fans to sit in those pods of 4 seats which have been laid out utilizing proper social distancing. This is true for both indoor and outdoor venues.
- Tickets can be purchased via the PHS DIGITAL BOX OFFICE or at the gate using cash or credit card. Please know in advance that there is a fee for using digital ticketing service. There are no additional fees if you use cash at the gate.
- Capacity will still be restricted at PHS venues. At this time, we have NOT had to turn very many people away because we have not reached capacity at the majority of events.
- There will continue to be a High School Student Section provided at all venues. The seats in these sections will be set up as single seats that are 6 ft apart. Our students have been great at complying with the expectation and we thank them for that.
- THERE WILL BE NO JR HIGH or RIVERSIDE STUDENT SECTIONS. Students that are 8th grade and younger will be required to enter and sit with an adult when they attend PHS events. Entering with a High School sibling will not count. If a student is dropped off and tries to enter without an adult, that student will be denied entry into the event.
Thank you advance for continuing to support our student athletes while complying with the COVID 19 venue requirements. We look forward to seeing you at the remaining regular season and postseason events this fall. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call in the PHS Athletic Office 574-936-3215.